US Secretary of Defense to participate in the IISS Shangri-La Dialogue
30 April: The US Secretary of Defense, Ashton Carter, has confirmed his participation in the upcoming 2015 Asia Security Summit: the IISS Shangri-La Dialogue, taking place in Singapore from 29 – 31 May.
Now in its 14th year, the IISS Shangri-La Dialogue is the key forum for the discussion and analysis of defence and security concerns, in the region and beyond.
The Dialogue will bring together defence ministers, military chiefs, high-ranking defence officials, leading defence and security experts, and representatives of the private sector from the Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe and other regions.
Singapore's Prime Minister, Lee Hsien Loong, will deliver the Keynote Address at the Opening Dinner on 29 May.
Confirmed key delegates at this year's IISS Shangri-La Dialogue include:
- Kevin Andrews, Minister of Defence, Australia
- General Tea Banh, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of National Defense, Cambodia
- Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy
- Jean-Yves Le Drian, Minister of Defence, France
- Dr Ursula von der Leyen, Federal Minister of Defence, Germany
- Rao Inderjit Singh, Minister of State for Defence, India
- Ryamizard Ryacudu, Minister of Defense, Indonesia
- Gen Nakatani, Minister of Defence, Japan
- Han Min-Koo, Minister of National Defense, Republic of Korea
- Dato' Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein, Minister of Defence, Malaysia
- Tserendash Tsolmon, Minister of Defense, Mongolia
- Gerry Brownlee, Minister of Defence, New Zealand
- Dr Fabian Pok, Minister for Defence, Papua New Guinea
- Teo Chee Hean, Deputy Prime Minister, Singapore
- Dr Ng Eng Hen, Minister for Defence, Singapore
- Pedro Moren�s Eulate, Minister of Defence, Spain
- General Prawit Wongsuwon, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence, Thailand
- Cirilo Cristov�o, Minister for Defence, Timor-Leste
- Le Muong Minh, Secretary-General, Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
Registration for the IISS Shangri-La Dialogue is now open. For more information, visit the summit’s website or contact the Shangri-La Dialogue Press Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Media registration will close on 1 May 2015.
Information for Editors:
A registered charity headquartered in London, the IISS also has offices in Washington DC, Singapore and Manama, Bahrain. The IISS is a non-partisan organisation, independent of government and other bodies. Its mission is to promote the adoption of sound policies to further global peace and security and maintain civilised international relations.